Candli community forum

Undo the latest changes

Would it be possible to add an undo funktion?
Sometimes it would be really helpful when i moved the wrong object to get it back in place.

Yes, this is planned.

One question here is at which level undo should perform. Is it per screen, meaning that if there is a change of code, when someone does undo in the level editor, all code changed during the use of the program editor would count as one change, or is it global, where each change could as one change. I am slightly favouring the per screen approach, as it feels more contextual, but I’m very curious regarding user expectations for such a feature.

Also, do you use Candli with mouse and keyboard or with touch screens?

I think, it would be enough to undo about the last 5 to 10 changes. Either in the level editor to undo some movements when i missclicked or undo some programming when i moved the wrong box and don’t know where i picked it up. Only things i did during the last minute.

While im in the program editor, i would like to undo one step at the time. When i go back to the level editor, i would say, the changes could be saved as one action.
Maybe in combination with a save history of different versions of the game (i think that was already an idea in another topic)

I strongly prefer touch screen. Changing the objects in size and rotation is much easier and more precise (and there is nothing to write, so no need for a keyboard). When playing the games, i often prefer a keyboard, because it is easier to use several buttons at the same time. But it depends on the game design.

Hello. The undo is now implemented and in production! It is available both in the level and in the program editor, and features up to 32 levels of undo. Both the icons and keyboard shortcuts can be used. Icons are not shown on super small screens (e.g., phones).

1 Like

Nice. Found it while using a laptop. I-Pad screen seems to be too small? Didn’t find it there.

Normally only on phones in portrait mode it should be hidden due to the lack of space.

Could you post or Private Message me a screenshot please?

It appeared now. Couldn’t find a situation where it doesn’t show again.

Maybe the device where the problem appeared was using an old version of Candli from its cache, this can happen sometimes.